Sunday, August 3, 2008

Like old times ...

So ive been at Denver just about 2 days now ... and well i think i can say it sure doesn't feel like ive been away 3 years!!! Even on the hour walk that it took me to get here it felt like id been away a matter of weeks not years. Walking down streets i could pretty much remember most of the memorial sights and shops. Walking round the corner to get my first sight of the base ... well it just felt like home again i guess.

So i even have got the same bed from my time here before which is pretty cool!

So i guess i should say what ive been up2 ... well a little of this and a little of that! There are two schools running atm, a DTS (Discipleship training school) and a SBS (School of biblical studies) and they are both pretty small 14 and 7. But i can say that the people here make up for the lack of numbers. They have all been so nice and welcoming to me. I know a fair few staff but there not around on weekends so the DTS guys and girls have pretty much taken me in and included me in stuff they have been doin, i even got an invite to go back to my old laundry mat this afternoon, which was kinda tempting for old times sake, but instead i choose to just have some time to myself, take a little walk and have a little read!

So Friday nite i join a little outing to roller skating, which was pretty cool, we use to have a place near us but it closed when i was like knee high and haven't been since so it was all a little confusing at first but got the hang of it soon enough! So yesterday i spent morning/early afternoon with Janae from my dts, we just chilled out and grab lunch at my new fave place to eat ... panda express! twice in a week now for that, and im pretty sure it wont be the last time either! Then in the evening i went with 4 of the dts'ers to a cinema to grab a little off base time which was cool. So early this morning was spent sleeping, which was nice to finally get a lie in!

They have a newer pool table here since i was here last which is cool cause this one doesn't slope everything towards one pocket so have fitted a few games in with some of the guys here.

So i shall update you on other fun things that happen in my week no doubt!

No comments: